Monday, March 2, 2009

life comes at you fast


So here's the last month before the book is released. If you've pre-ordered it on Amazon, it should be shipped out no later than April 1. I should -- if everything is going to plan -- get early copies before then. Which is exciting.

I found out this week that the party I was planning on having on May 3 can't happen. That's a bit discouraging, but I believe it, like everything else, will work out.

I'm also in the middle of figuring out another move...I'm staying in New York City, but I have to move...probably also close to the end of this month.

Then....I am also waiting to hear from my grad school about their decision. All big things.

I have some really great, really big (for me, anyways) news...but I'll have to wait a while before I can share it. Keep an [eye] ear out!

What's going on in your world? Tell me good news!

1 comment:

Kathryn Stripling Byer said...

DeLana, the good news is that your book will be out soon and that I want it! The other is that I'd like to get you down to NC for some readings if I can.
Do you know Patricia Spears Jones, by any chance? She lives in NYC. I just found out about her and her work. Such a big country. We get caught up in our regions, our own "homes." And there are so many of those being given voice today, which is what makes contemporary literature so exciting-- but challenging--how to keep up with it in just one lifetime?
The Perch overlooking Harlem sounds great.
Soul Mountain. I think there's another one in the distance, beyond my backyard! Maybe there are many Soul Mountains if we knew how to find them?