Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring in New York

Today I woke up and looked out the window and saw snow. I should tell you that the past two days the most I've worn outside was a jean jacket. And now there's snow?? For real? I'm a bit upset. I'm ready to put winter and my heavy coats behind me. I've been excited to bring out my spring clothes and colors -- my bright pinks and greens and so on. This is not to say that I haven't worn them in winter. In fact, my favorite thing to do is wear spring colors in winter, because I believe people wear colors too dark and depressing.

I'm getting ready to head out into this snow, however. I need to go to the post office. Yes, I'm sending off 4 books into the world. My books. They came yesterday. Well, I almost missed them, but they came. I've been parading them around ever since.

One thing that I was very adamant about after a longish search for artwork for the cover was that I wanted a living artist. I wanted it to be a true-to-life collaboration. For multiple reasons: it would be fun to live and talk and laugh about the book with someone who is equally excited about its publication and because I'd have the chance to reach an audience I never would have touched before. Here's proof:

Alexandra Cespedes (the artist) -- photos up on her blog!

She was the first person I signed the book for. I was a bit nervous. You can tell in the way I was holding my pen. I went on to sell a couple more books that day and made plans for other sales.

Then I met up with a friend for lovely late night tirmasu and coffee (he had a canoli and cappuccino) in celebration of everything. I'm so blessed. And thankful.

You should help me get rid of these 50 copies in my studio. You can order through my website.

No comments: