Saturday, March 14, 2009

100th Post...

Who knew? I've seemed to keep this blog for a good minute. Not that 100 is particularly big, but yeh. Here I am.

I am sitting in a room of boxes and packed up things. Who knew that a tiny box could hold so much? Right now I've counted 5 boxes (though, surely one box should be split into two) of books. Books, books. They are usually the first things I pack when I'm moving. I have to ensure they have a place in my new life -- everything else follows. Is that sad? Perhaps. I'll give away three huge bags of clothes (I had to carry them on the train to the Good Will) before I'll give away books. Something should be said about that, I think.

Today I got my keys and signed my lease. Tomorrow, it's church and then the movers come at 3:30pm to transport this life into my new one. It's quite exciting. Exhilarating, even. After I got my keys, I went to the store to get cleaning materials (one should note: every apartment I've moved into, someone was already living there for a while and had everything I should need. I've only needed to take my own belongings, so buying cleaning materials should be documented, haha) and went back to The Perch to scrub everything down. I now have shiny hardwood floors, a sparkling kitchen and bathroom. Before I moved in, there was apparently some work done in the apartment, and so between that and just settling dust, it needed a good wash down. I was happy to do it (One should also note that I have a reputable hatred for cleaning). It is, after all, my place. I smiled before I closed the door and thought that in a few more days I'll be settled down and in. Somewhat. Then there's the unpacking packed boxes...which is the stage of moving I always hate. Once, I was so sure that I wasn't going to stay in the place that I moved into that I lived out of boxes. I unpacked one box of poetry books and hung up my clothes. Everything else stayed boxed up.

So now I'm down to the final stretch. I have some misc things that I have to find some way to put into a box for easy carrying (though we're not going too far!) and lifting.

Okay, I've taken enough time off....more news and stuff later.

Oh, yesterday was the first day of the 8 week workshop with Tracy K. Smith. More thoughts later.

No comments: