Friday, March 6, 2009

the perch

So when I took the summer of 2008 off to write, I went to this residency called Soul Mountain. The room I was in was on the second floor of one of the wings, and it overlooked the pond out back. It was a nice view. In the room, the desk was situated right in front of the window that overlooked the pond. It had two windows, but only one over looked the pond, and that's where the desk was. I called the room "the perch"...because that is where I spent a lot of time those days writing and thinking and such.

I just got a new apartment. It's on the fourth (top) floor of a building. It's got four large windows overlooking Harlem. I believe I'm going to call my apartment The Perch. Yep.

I get my keys on the 15!

1 comment:

Kathryn Stripling Byer said...

DeLana, turns out I combined the Perch and telling you good news in the comments to your post before this one. I'll be thinking about you in the 15th. Keys Day.