Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday







I suppose today is the only day that Tuesday has any meaning (ask me another day to talk to you about why I think Tuesday is pointless). But for me, in NYC, this Tuesday meant that I stayed at home in my pj's, mostly in my bed under cover.






I did engage some poets via g-chat in discussions about poetics and formal poetry (Pantoum vs. Villanelle or my hybrid form...). I submitted to some literary magazines thanks to the Submission Manager and online submissions, and created a flier that announces some of my 2009 upcoming reading dates. Don't ask me what I'm going to do with it. I guess it's just sort of confirmation that I'm capable of doing it. It looks quite nice, I must say.





1 comment:

Kathryn Stripling Byer said...

HI DeLana, I've been out of the loop for awhile, but it was good to see the cover of your new book. Sometime soon I want to feature it on my laureate blog. I hope things are going well with you. I celebrated Fat Tuesday at the NC Center for the Advancement of Teaching, a seminar focused on celebrating NC's Literary Heritage. All best, K.