Wednesday, July 23, 2008

People?

So each time I try and venture out of the house to interact with the world that is outside of my window, I get out there and think I should have stayed home. I think this is a result of being so secluded for 3 weeks. I've reverted back to myself, my old self, the self that enjoyed solitude...or rather, preferred it. Then I get into groups of people and go inside myself. Like, I'd rather be looking outside of the window at the passing cars than be active in the conversation. Or, I'd rather be listening than participating. Great. Now I've somehow managed to make myself start over at ground zero. And maybe this is a good thing. Since I'm so used to finding the good in everything, the lesson. Maybe this means that I will remain a bit more focused. I know this will not be possible when I go home in a little over a week. Everyone will want to see me. I will not be able to get away with not talking to people, so I might as well take advantage of it now, especially in this world that doesn't require you to even say much to anyone.

No comments: