Sunday, April 12, 2009

post-road update

I won't take the time to update you all on every single step of the rest of the tour, but I will say that I went on to perform at UNC's Bullshead bookshop, which was probably one of my favorite readings, and then to Quailridge Bookstore, then swept up to DC to read at Busboys and Poets. I had great, great food all around. Especially of note is the Ethiopian restaurant in DC - Dukem - that my friend from High school, Zemar, took us to. The lamb tibs were/are to die for!!

I'm back in NYC. It's Easter Sunday. I am thinking about John 3:16, and thinking about the capacity to love so hard. I'm a bit exhausted from being on the road, but I'm going to try and make it to the church I've been attending the past couple of weeks. I was supposed to play flute today, but I wasn't sure that I would be back in town.

But not for long. I have another reading in Washington, DC on Thursday night. I just booked my tickets for the bus ride down. This will be my first time traveling (outside of my train ride from SC to NYC) outside of the city on my own without my car. I'm a bit.....scared, to tell you the truth. I think it's a control thing. I cannot control a bus. I cannot say, "I will get off on this next exit and take a break, get something to drink or snack on". Either way, I'm thankful for the opportunity to share my words with others, so I'm going. I'm adventuring out.

So upcoming readings:

April 16, 2009
The Charles Sumner Museum School (Washington DC)
6:30-9pm
Reading/Discussion/Question and Answer

May 1, 2009
Adelphi University
Cave Canem Workshop Participant reading
7pm

May 20, 2009
Center for Book Arts
Reading with Thomas Sayers Ellis and Matthea Harvey
6:30pm
(there will be broadsides for sale for a poem that is not in my collection How God Ends Us).

No comments: