Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On the Road, again

Today I got two phone calls almost in quick succession from two friends who teach full time down south. Being that I work part time, I definitely do not have to be up as early as they were calling me (first phone call at 7:30am) but, I got up and talked and figured it would be good to get an early start on my day.

When I got off the phone with them, I decided I needed to get my endorphines going, and decided to go for a run. There is a park about a mile long 2 blocks from my house, and if you run along the perimeter, the sidewalk is consistent, and there are no street lights. It's quite nice, to have almost like a track to run down. So I ran down and back. Two miles this morning.

Now, I face a day of grading and errands and getting things done. Hopefully. That would mean getting out of the house within the next hour for me to have enough time to do anything that means something for the day.

Tomorrow I head to DC to give a reading and have a discussion about the book. I am working on an interview for a friend, which is good, because it's giving me time to really sit down and think about these questions and formulate some answers that I had never really been forced to do. So it's good practice.

Too, I received a box from the press yesterday. It turns out they give you 500 postcards with the cover of the book. What on earth does one do with 500 post cards? Let me know!

No comments: