Wednesday, April 8, 2009

On the Road

Yesterday was my first stop on the book tour with Raina J. Leon. It wasn't Raina's first stop. Sunday we were at Penn State. Monday morning we left to drive 8 hours to Chapel Hill. We got in just enough time to hang out for a bit. Raina had a reading. I still have some friends living here in Chapel Hill, so we parted ways and I was able to watch the Championship game with old friends. It was quite good to be home.

Yesterday I slept in late and did some grading. Raina had to be on campus, so I decided to go onto campus and walk around and continue to miss Chapel Hill. I made sure to stop at Cosmic Cantina (oh, oh oh), then the Daily Grind, then I went around and looked for my friend working at the Student Stores and we chatted for a bit, and I sat in the bookshop (the site of today's reading!) and read.

We got to Southern Village really early (if you know Raina, you know this is her style...like, hours early)...but that gave me an opportunity to figure out my set list and time some poems and chill out a bit. A lot of friends came. It was great.

Here's a set list (I suppose if you have the book you can "read along", haha)

1. It is Written
2. The body as a House
3. Body, an elegy
4. All Hallows Eve
5. Lament
6. Underneath the Brown
7. Backseat Savior (which is becoming everyone's favorite, I'm told)
8. This Sacrifice, This Love

I also read some poems from Cartographer. But those are top-secret now.

Today I read at the Bullshead Bookshop....so great to be back on campus.
Tonight in Raleigh at Market Steet Books

Tomorrow we leave for DC and read at BusBoys and Poets tomorrow night.

No comments: