Sunday, November 16, 2008

Make your own luck!

I don't know or remember where I've heard that quote. But I just thought about it. I suppose it's the moral, or at least similar to the idea that if the world gives you lemons, make lemonade.

This week has been a hell of a week. I will not relive it here. Just know, that I've been pissy and moody.

However, I decided to channel that energy into something productive. I decided to stop saying "I have enough poems for another manuscript" and actually produce it.

Tonight, I put together another manuscript.

A couple days ago, I assembled a chapbook.

Monday, I have to send it off, for a deadline, for the Crab Orchard Open Series. Within the next month, I need to send it to Tupelo for the Dorsett Prize.

Tis the season for sowing. Next season, reaping.

1 comment:

Dolen Perkins-Valdez said...

Make your own luck, indeed!!

Very nice blog. Glad I discovered it.

~Dolen~