Saturday, November 1, 2008

long time

I've been away for way too long. My last real post was in August. Since then, my life has been whisked from under my feet and getting from day to day upright is a struggle. A struggle I sometimes lose.

Big news: I bought a new bed. This is significant because I prided myself once in my ability to pack up my life and go...just go away from here. or there. or anywhere I was "living". All of my moves happened by packing up my car. That's it. My life has been able to fit into either a Suzuki Esteem or Honda Civic. Two doors.

So I brooded over it for a week. I shopped over the internet for the perfect bed. I found a place that delivers on the same day and assembles it. Long story short, the bed didn't get put together until Tuesday, which gave me lots of time to brood about how I really couldn't afford the bed, but that I needed it...or how the bed was symbolic for putting my feet into nyc...which is saying that I now have to fight to stay here. This is pure Darwinism right here. It's flight vs. fight. I'm saying that I plan to fight. Because I have roots here. I've bought matching curtains. I am scheming on a new desk and bookshelves. I am scheming on settling in.

No comments: