Wednesday, June 11, 2008

seven days to a new me

today was my last day in the trial period for yoga, and i'm sad. i want to have money that flows and flows so that i can just have this place to go to whenever i want. but i understand that folks gotta get paid. everyone has to get paid. the place has to get paid in order to stay available. yes. i know.

it's interesting to think about the transformation between last week and this week. I don't know what the click was, but I was just ready to do some things differently than I have in the past, and these new patterns are ironically freeing.

Don't get me wrong. I am aware that this honeymoon phase will be over, and there are still some rocky roads coming up, but...i have faith that things will get better and better, and I can resurrect my mantra: every day a little closer.

And it's interesting that mantra that I adopted at the beginning of the year and seeing it put to work. In yoga, especially, I see it in work. I see it in the body, how everyday you ask the body to do a little bit more, to bring your back to curve like a c so that you can bend your torso back over your butt and touch your heels. and you'd never thought that you could bring your eyes to see the back corner of the room while the rest of you is pointing forward. and four days ago you got nauseous when you attempted this, but today, today was the day you get a little bit closer. yep

everyday a little bit closer.

No comments: