Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm sort of using this blog for multiple uses. Mainly, right now, I turn to it to chart how I am coming with yoga.

Today was day 6. It hasn't been straight and in a row, these days, but it was the sixth day that I entered that 105 degree room and stayed there for 90 minutes and asked favors of my body.

There is only one pose left for me to master. Today I breathed through the pain for one that had been bothering me for a while -- one that I knew I should be able to do. I can't recall the pose names, but just know that I hope within the next couple of sessions to be able to walk away saying: I've done all 26 poses. Another difference I noted today was I didn't require or desire as much water as I have in past sessions. I believe that has something to do with hydration before the workout. I'm learning, I'm learning. Today, though. Today in the first backward bend, we're asking our body to bend over backwards in a standing pose, and go as deep and as far back as you can, keeping your eyes open, focusing on the back wall. Something in my back and chest opened up and in the second set, I leaned so far back that I was able to see where the wall met the carpet. I came back up smiling.

I've discovered, though, that I need a new hobby. Something to invest myself creatively in. Well, maybe not invest like do, but participate? I'm not sure -- but yesterday I found myself wanting to get out of the house but not really feeling like writing. And I was at a loss of things to do. Going out by myself is no longer that much of a hindrance. I just need to find places to go, things to get into and enjoy -- maximize my full creative potential.

I leave for Cave Canem in a week. Yep. Exciting.

Then 19 days in the mountains, solo.

No comments: