Monday, June 9, 2008

rachelle ferrell

If I've ever gotten into a music conversation with any of you, you'd know that I absolutely love Rachelle Ferrell. That is interesting for me to admit. Honestly, I can't remember how I got a hold of her. I believe it was my early days surfing the web afterschool, and reading a review of her album. Then, somehow, I was looking for CDs and found hers, and bought it because I remember the review and the rest, is history.

My friend in the city, Jennifer, was walking by the Blue Note on Friday and told me that Rachelle Ferrell was playing there and she remembered how much I liked her. What good friends I have. Granted, I walk by the Blue Note a lot. I do. I even sometimes look in to see what's going on, but I never figured anyone that I'd really want to see would be there. But Rachelle!

I contemplated the next two days if I would go. It was too late for Friday, Saturday I had to work. Sunday was the last day. I decided on Sunday, if I were to go, and even still it was a toss up because I am in no position to splurge on a concert, however, tickets weren't that much if you sat at the bar...

Did I mention that it was my first NYC show? Did I also mention that it was, in fact, my first show going to solo? Yes, I called two people to see if they would be interested in going, but I had made up in my mind that I was going solo. I did. So add that to the list of yoga, bars, concerts solo.

Later on, I'll update with my thoughts about the concert, but let me just say...amazing. I wished she had played my favorite song, but there's (hopefully) other chances to see her, enjoy her.

Cassandra Wilson is playing tonight. I can't afford it. Too bad.

No comments: