Monday, May 26, 2008

shedding winter skin

this weekend was about the sun.

what i mean is, i look forward to the days when i get sun on my shoulders and get a little browner. i don't mind it. i enjoy shedding my winter skin. That's what i set out to do today. i went into the city and went to bryant park and posted up at a table without an umbrella...i wore my strapless top to save any stupid tan lines, and i proceeded to read and write a bit. i stayed out there for a couple of hours. i moved to the grass and lounged a bit and continued reading...and when i got hungry enough, i headed up to harlem (soon to be home!) and went to this vegetarian juice bar and treated myself to a large dinner and larger dessert....then headed back down to the part...and read some more and watched some guys play this game that includes smallish lead/metal balls that you throw bowling ball style...i dont know. but it made me miss shot put so so so much. and i was just glad to be outside.

although lonely. these next couple of months, i feel it, are going to be excruciatingly lonely. maybe this was prep for my residencies coming up? I find myself getting more and more fed up and frustrated with friends and i wonder why we keep things around us that are hindering us? just because they have a hold on how long they've been in your life doesn't necessarily mean that it is healthy for you to continue to keep them in your life. and i'm learning that. learning to let go. let go and be comfortable with being alone.

yeh. i said it. now, ifi can just put it into practice.

No comments: