Wednesday, May 14, 2008

drowning

i forgot for most of the day that i dreamt last night that i was drowning. that is, until i got to work and things were hitting the fan from left and from the right and i remembered maybe it was referencing my job, this drowning feeling that i had. basically i was in shallow water where i could see that someone was sitting on a pier right where i was drowning, and i couldn't really do anything. ironically, i had a dream about this, and was thinking about an important part in my novel that i am writing, a part that talks about how the infant is so used to water b/c while in the womb, it breathed it in through its mouth and nose. so that's how i didn't panic, i was filling my body, through my mouth and nose with water. when i realized that it wasn't keeping me alive, i still didn't panic. i still was moving this water, and it was slowing me down and i felt my body shutting down, and finally i move myself, underwater still, nearer to the pier, where right before i think that i'm going to die, i do the one thing i can do and that's lift my hand above the water and hope the person sees and pulls me out. and they do. and then i guess i either woke up or switched gears in the dream.

No comments: