Friday, January 16, 2009

finally

This week has been amazingly great. Filled with good news and cool things to celebrate. Today I had cake in celebration....of everything.

Let's see -- Monday was really good because I got a lot of things organized and put together in my life. Which was necessary. I've been slowly plotting to transform my room into something that is functional and livable and workable (yes, i'm trying to bring my work into my living space..........i know. that's another post). This includes organizing. This included a trip to Staples and spending almost 50 bucks in office supplies. I still have more I need to spend. This weekend I'm supposed to buy a shredder and waste basket (don't ask how i've gone this long without either in my room).

Sometime soon I'm plotting on a new desk. Right now I'm using a card table, which, is actually pretty good as far as space given on the table top, but not so cool as far as space in my room goes.

Also necessary are bookshelves. Serious bookshelves. I've got books for days. Yes. That needs major work and organization.

Other good news this week -- Tuesday I got offered a free housing situation at AWP. Which I was plotting for and really really wanted. However, I cannot still afford. But it's nice to be given what you ask for, right?

Also on Tuesday I received, in my inbox, a jpeg of the cover of my book. It's becoming soo real now. Like everything is coming together so smoothly. That same day I was notified that a stack of fliers and two stand-up posters were going to be sent to my house this week. I've also been working on trying to figure out things for readings and creating a good path for my book to walk through, and in that -- talk about timing -- I scored a reading at the Center for Book Arts in NYC. Thomas Sayers Ellis is curating. More on that later. The reading is in May.

Anything else? I've been pretty busy with my two jobs. That is good...I am making a bit more money, getting some comfort and space between me and some things i want to do in the future. Learning my financial literacy, and finally stepping out of the summer deficit. and into a surplus.

No comments: