Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back in the NYC

After a 16 hour train ride yesterday, I am back in New York City.

I think it's good to be back. I haven't decided yet. I left my car in South Carolina, and that was an important move for me, leaving something I became so attached to that it took a year and a half to decide I could survive without it.

Some interesting developments this new year/week: I received my foreword from Elizabeth Alexander for my book, my book now has an ISBN number and is already posted on Amazon.com and places like it...

I've also dusted off some of my short stories for a friend who said he'd love to read more of my writing. So I thought I'd give him some short stories. Which meant that I had to go back and look at them, and I found some gems that I had forgotten about. It's crazy, the body of work I have created in such a short time.

In a sense, part of me would love to see all of what I have right now that is publishable out in the world within the next five years...certainly before I'm 30 (which is not the same number :-p).

I have to venture out of the house in a few. Hit the ground running type venturing. Yep. Grades due Saturday and a lot of writing needs to be done between now and then.

happy Thursday!

No comments: