Monday, April 28, 2008

blessings

The Lord is giving to us daily.

Quick announcement, then I must run away to a poetry workshop.

While I was in South Carolina (note: I did not make the trip just for this) I was able to attend the SC Poetry Book prize winning announcement. This year's judge was Elizabeth Alexander (announced the week before they announced the winner), who is my idol, whom I adore and read her critical and poetic works.

There was a reading and music and food and fellowship. I had a friend with me, though, unsure of the results, I failed to invite my parents because I believed it would be boring to them.

After Elizabeth's great reading, she announced who she chose for the 2008 book prize winner.

My manuscript, How God Ends Us was chosen as the winner. I was estactic and still cannot believe it, really.

Look for my book due out in early 2009. Lots of work to be done!

Yay God, yay universe, yay blessings.

No comments: